2011年9月9日星期五

I almost always have fun while leveling in games

  En Masse hit a huge milestone in January by launching and configuring, for the first time, our final remote game server hardware. Until now, we've used in-house, temporary hardware for our servers. Not anymore! This is the final hardware you'll log into when you join the game. The Community Play Event will help us test this configuration and make adjustments. As you might imagine, bringing a game like TERA to life in North America is no mean feat, and getting our servers right is extremely important.

I almost always have fun while leveling in games. I love the race to max level. That kind of competition is very enjoyable to me. Who doesn't like going for days without sleep? I did feel that the leveling to 50 was a bit too quick for my taste. However, I know that a lot of people disagree with me and prefer a much easier grind. If those people have trouble in this game then I'm not sure what to say to them.

They basically pushed the test back into April but are trying to spin it so that participants yammering at each other excitedly for the first 5 days is part of the event. I'm excited to get to play, and I want them to take as long as they need to give us something worth showing off, but my tolerance for the obvious PR BS they're pushing is pretty low.

没有评论:

发表评论